.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ontario Technoblog

Ontario Emperor technology blog.

This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog
Name:
Location: Ontario, California, United States

Sometime audio artist. Email comments on this blog to the gmail account mrontemp.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

About the Ontario Technoblog, Version 1.0

First, an introduction. I am the Ontario Emperor, publisher of three blogs:

So, why a fourth blog?

My main blog is very much a stream of consciousness blog that touches on just about any topic (trust me on this one). However, I sometimes find that the Empoblog is starting to gather a lot of material on a particular topic, so I branch that topic off into its own dedicated blog. That's how I started Oppose Traffic Calming Obstructions.

Over the last few months, I've spent more and more time touching on technological subjects, and readers have responded. For example, my series [1] [2] of posts on Interex was eventually picked up by other sources, including ComputerWorld and holyjoe.net.

Noting that I'm touching on technological issues such as biometrics, privacy, trade secrets, and who knows what all, I've decided to devote a blog to technological issues.

A few comments to the reader:
  • The views expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer (a Fortune 500 technology company), or the views of the technology companies with whom I do business.

  • The topics that will be pursued in this blog will seem to outside eyes to be somewhat random. Be forewarned.

  • If you're looking for individual blog posts that concisely and elegantly address technological issues, keep on looking. Based upon my prior blogging experience, I expect that the posts in this blog will be a mish-mash of true information, wild speculation, and random mutterings, all thrown together with the same logical care that was taken to assemble the Depeche Mode song "Pleasure, Little Treasure" - in other words, this blog will be a kitchen sink of stuff.

  • Just because I comment on something doesn't necessarily mean that I know anything about it. In some cases I blog because I want to learn about something that I know nothing about.

  • Neither my undergraduate nor my graduate degrees are in technological disciplines. For example, my undergraduate degree is in economics. Enough said.

  • Comments are strongly encouraged. If you have blogged on a particular technological topic which I have addressed (or a technological topic which I haven't addressed), feel free to link to it in the comments (Blogger supports a href).


Well, that should do it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home