.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ontario Technoblog

Ontario Emperor technology blog.

This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog
Name:
Location: Ontario, California, United States

Sometime audio artist. Email comments on this blog to the gmail account mrontemp.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Thank YOU Take TWO

Remember how Advanced Imaging solicited by free magazine renewal, then denied it?

I just received this e-mail:

From: Advanced Imaging Pro [mailto:circulation_mailings@advancedimagingmag.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:35 AM
To: [deleted]
Subject: Reminder to renew for 2006


To ensure future delivery of Cygnus - Advanced Imaging Pro e-mail promotions and newsletters to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders) please add our "From" address circulation_mailings@advancedimagingmag.com to your address book or e-mail whitelist.

Hello [deleted];

As the new year is off to a great start, it would be a good time to renew your subscription to Advanced Imaging for 2006.

If you renew today, you won't be asked to renew again until 2007!

You can renew your *free subscription just by clicking on the link below and completing the online form. It's that easy to
guarantee you don't miss a single issue for 2006.

[link deleted]

Thanks [deleted] for renewing your subscription to Advanced Imaging.

Regards,
A.Kelty
Audience Development Manager

*free to qualified subscribers in the industry

This email is being sent to [deleted].
Use this link to be deleted or to update your email address

You can choose to not receive further mailings by clicking on the link above. If you have trouble with this link, simply forward this message to [deleted] with [deleted] in the subject line. ReachMail does not tolerate spam. Please notify us via email at abuse@publishingdynamics.com regarding any spam issues. If you have trouble with any of these methods, you can reach us toll-free at 800-547-7377.


This message was sent by Cygnus - Advanced Imaging Pro using ReachMail. Read our Privacy Policy.

Cygnus Business Media
11720 Beltsville Drive
3rd Floor
Beltsville, Maryland 20705


So I filled out the form again, and still didn't find a marketing category, and therefore clicked the "other" category. And again I received this message:

We appreciate your interest in Advanced Imaging magazine. Unfortunately, due to strict qualification requirements and independent audit regulations, we are unable to add your name to our complimentary subscription list. You can, however, be part of a growing number of industry professionals who read Advanced Imaging on a regular basis. Your subscription can help you take advantage of our comprehensive coverage of video, photographic, and document-based imaging technologies, products, systems, and services.

At this point I clicked the back button on my browser and stretched my qualifications a bit. I recategorized myself as "Engineering Management (including VP of Engineering, Senior, Principal, Chief or Managing Engineer & related personnel)." I guess I'm related personnel, since I provide requirements to engineers.

That did the trick. And I don't get irritating e-mail from them for a year. I guess I'd better take those in-house SOA classes.

Incidentally, once I passed this hurdle, I got to the question about whether I buy, specify, or approve purchase of particular products. It turns out that I do - I just don't report to the engineering VP, I report to the marketing VP.

Perhaps Advanced Imaging will track me down and cancel my subscription, but I again remind them - look what happened to Interex after they dissed the marketers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home