.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ontario Technoblog

Ontario Emperor technology blog.

This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog
Name:
Location: Ontario, California, United States

Sometime audio artist. Email comments on this blog to the gmail account mrontemp.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The first "I am not trendy" post on THIS blog

If you've read my other blog, you've noticed that I am not trendy. For example, I wrote about Rick Warren...in August 2004.

Well, I've blogged (tangentially) about Bluetooth here, even though I don't own any Bluetooth devices. But Mark Long believes that Bluetooth is nearing obsolescence:

...Intel's Centrino chips are shipping in most laptops these days and this has created a widely deployed universe of wireless-enabled PC to which many other devices can now be linked. The broadband capabilities of Wi-Fi also make Bluetooth appear puny by comparison and not just with respect to speed....

Bluetooth's universe is continuing to grow in the cell-phone arena, but it won't be long before Wi-Fi begins showing up in many next-gen smart-phones and wireless PDAs....

[more]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home