.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ontario Technoblog

Ontario Emperor technology blog.

This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog
Name:
Location: Ontario, California, United States

Sometime audio artist. Email comments on this blog to the gmail account mrontemp.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The new Blogger

I was going to write about the seclists.org fiasco, but I'll need to do that later. When I logged in to Blogger to write that post, I was pretty much urged to convert to the new Blogger.

I had delayed performing the conversion after reading this January 3 message:

While a majority of old blogspot blogs have migrated to the new Blogger, there are loads of bloggers still waiting for the Google invite that would allow them to shift from the old to the new version of Blogger.

Well, it turns out that Google has decided to postpone shifting of large blogs with thousands of posts to the new Blogger for some time.

Here's an official answer from the Blogger FAQ spotted by Improbulus and Impudent:

Why can't I switch to the new version of Blogger?

..if you have a very large blog (more than a couple thousand posts + comments), you'll need to hold off for a bit.


One of my blogs, the Ontario Empoblog, definitely falls into this category.

Anyway, I eventually got my invite, and got it again, and again. This is my first post using the new Blogger, so this is kind of a test case. I'll try the labels while I'm at it.

[Oops, I guess I needed some commas between those labels.]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home