.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ontario Technoblog

Ontario Emperor technology blog.

This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog
Name:
Location: Ontario, California, United States

Sometime audio artist. Email comments on this blog to the gmail account mrontemp.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Delicious bundle anomaly

I have become a heavy user of del.icio.us, and I wanted to note something that just happened to me before I forget about it.

By way of background, I have adopted the convention of entering multi-word tags with plus signs (e.g. "vatican+city"). In addition, I am using bundles to categorize my tags - examples of my bundles include people, religion, and politics+and+government.

While reading a Wikipedia article, I entered the tag "united+states" for the article. Subsequently, but before I had placed "united+states" in a bundle, I realized that I should have used another tag, "united+states+of+america," which I had employed previously (to distinguish item with this tag from "united+states+of+europe."

"No problem," I thought, "I'll just use the del.icio.us handy dandy renaming utility to rename my united+states tag to united+states+of+america.

After I did this, however, I discovered that several of my previously-bundled tags were now unbundled:



I figure that the unbundledness of the old "united+states" tag somehow overwrote the bundledness of any of my tags that included the string "united+states" in them. Odd behavior.

Despite this and some another anomalies, the bundle feature of del.icio.us seems to be working fairly well.

P.S. Yes, this is an exercise in self-referentialism - whoops, I mean self+referentialism. Heh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ontario Emperor said...

This morning, I finished dumping most of my bundles (except for the self-referential one) - they took too much time to manage.

12:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home