.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ontario Technoblog

Ontario Emperor technology blog.

This blog has been superseded by the mrontemp blog
Name:
Location: Ontario, California, United States

Sometime audio artist. Email comments on this blog to the gmail account mrontemp.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Oracle OpenWorld, October 24

I don't really have much of technical value to add to my previous post, other than to note that the features of Oracle Database "11g" (or whatever it ends up being called) are now being publicly announced.

By 11:30 I was eating lunch in the middle of the street. Yes, one interesting wrinkle this year is that they have closed off Howard Street between Moscone North and South, and set up huge tents for lunch. This is good, because last year there weren't enough seats to go around at lunchtime, and I spent one lunch perched on a wall.

For more extensive coverage of Oracle OpenWorld, go to the collection of links to 2006 blog posts. (You may recall that they did something similar in 2005.)

P.S. My pillow from last year is still right behind me, providing over five nines of uptime.

P.P.S. I was re-reading my post last year about beanbag chairs, I saw a reference to last year's Sun keynote. What a difference a year makes....

P.P.P.S. At some point I'll post a bit about one of the technology tools that I employed for the first time at this conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home